" UndoDog: Mission Statement

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Mission Statement

I get so bogged down in the management, the setup, and practicalities, that it's easy to forget why I'm doing this. Thinking about the previous post about blog hosts and others about the minutiae of word processing and passwords, I realize that while those things are necessary, I'd like to spend more time thinking about why I teach what I teach, and why it's important.

To that end, here's my mission statement:
I want for my students to be able to:
  • be self-directed, independent learners who figure out new technology independently and teach others,
  • use technology to efficiently find, organize, and share information
  • produce media creatively (take risks)
  • consume media wisely (think critically)
  • understand that they can change the world
What's your mission statement?

1 comment:

Mr. Steinberg said...

Hey Kathleen, this blog is fantastic. I'm not sure where you find the time, but I'm thankful you are putting it in. Looking forward to future posts.
--Michael